newj

Saturday 14 July 2012

Love Tips - Examples of Bad Online Dating Profile Headlines

When it comes to online dating profiles there are a number of things that get people rushing toward the next button.
The first is not having a photo on your profile, having a profile photo improves your chances of dating success ten-fold.
Next is a lame or suggestive username, here are the 10 worst dating profile usernames I could find and yes they are real usernames but will give you an example of what sort of thing to avoid.
Then comes the profile or message headline, this is a first glimpse into your mind so says a lot about you.
Here are some examples of bad online dating profile headlines:

Sexual Comments

Whether you refer to your own anatomy, make comments about other people’s or make suggestive remarks, sexual comments are a big no-no unless you are on an adult dating site.
  • It’s hard to be good but good if you’re hard
  • One night with me is all you’d need to forget everyone else
  • Busty blonde knows how to have a good time
  • Handyman with own tool
  • Scratch my 7 Year Itch

Desperate Headlines

Desperation is not an attractive quality, it is often associated with depression, online stalking and a generally sad person.
  • Pick me, pick me
  • Make me laugh again
  • Can you make me love again
  • Be mine forever
  • Still seeking my soulmate
  • I’m not your type but …

No Imagination

If you have all the time in the world to think of one sentence and still can’t write anything then it doesn’t bode well for an interesting date with witty intelligent conversation.
  • Not sure what to write here
  • Will fill this in later
  • I’m just me
  • Just trying this out
  • Am new to online dating
  • Insert funny headline here

Lame Ducks

Quirky and funny can be good but if you try too hard you just sound sad or silly. If you think it sounds funny or quirky email it to a friend and see if they have the same reaction or come back with WTF??
  • My tenticles give me more to cuddle you with
  • Single cool dude with brain the size of a planet
  • Ab ove maiori discit arare minor
  • E=mc2 but what equals me?
  • I’m the one your mother warned you about
  • OK you got my attention now what?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers