newj

Sunday 22 June 2014

RECORD - MISHA COLLINS AND FRIENDS WORLDWIDE SET NEW RECORD FOR ONLINE HUGS



Film star, Supernatural TV actor and founder of GISHWHES (Greatest International Scavenger Hunt The World Has Ever Seen) Misha Collins has set a new world record for largest online photo album of hugs, with the help of thousands of participants around the globe.



The largest online photo album of hugs contains a total of 108,121 photos for the campaign 'GISHWHES Hugs The World 2013!', which took place from 11-18 August 2013.

Misha's also the man behind previous records for the largest media scavenger hunt - with another event in the works coming soon.



We spoke to Misha about getting involved in record breaking, hugs and garden gnomes.

How did the record come about?
I’ve always had a fascination with hugging (I’m not really particular about who or what it is I’m embracing as long as there’s a “squish” factor).

I also have had a lifelong dream of hugging over 100,000 people in one week.

I’ve been really busy managing my garden gnome collection, so I realized getting thousands of other people to do it for me would be much easier and probably a bit more hygienic. (Of course, I also like the idea of using our scavenger hunt as a tool to bring people together worldwide, but that’s a trivial detail.)

How do you feel about the response and how does it feel to be a record breaker.
It’s great to see so many people step forward and show a little (PG-rated) love on the Internet in what has become a bit of a platform for gloom, doom and gaudy showmanship.

I’m always impressed by the artistry and enthusiasm of people that take part in GISHWHES.

For those who don’t know, “GISHWHES” is the acronym for the Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen, an event which has broken one or two Guinness World Records every year, so if you—dear reader—want to participate in breaking a world record this year, you should join .

I promise you won’t regret participating (unless you’re someone who hates fun.)



Any Guinness World Records plans for the upcoming GISHWHES Scavenger Hunt?
Yes! We plan on breaking at least two.

One of them may or may not involve costumery - is that a word?

Can you please have your in-house publishing team check my vernacular? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers