newj

Tuesday 28 October 2014

RECORD - SHORTEST WOMAN - LIVING (MOBILE)

The shortest woman living (mobile) is Jyoti Amge (India, born 16 Dec 1993), who measured 62.8 cm (24.7 in) in Nagpur, India, on 16 December 2011.



Jyoti Amge was measured at the Wockhardt Superspeciality Hospital in Nagpur India on her 18th birthday making her eligible to take over this record from Bridgette Jordan. Jyoti Amge had previously held the title for the shortest teenager (female) living.

"When I was younger I was very afraid to go out, to go to school, or to meet new people," Jyoti told Guinness World Records.



"But, my parents told me I must face the world. After turning 7 I started getting some attention from the press, which helped my confidence a lot to be recognised in a positive way for my size."

"Then since getting the record, it has really become an advantage being my size! The biggest change is that now I can travel the world and see things outside of India. I've been to Japan, Italy, and now London!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers